Jack Strelesky’s Taxidermy Shop Damaged by Fire

When Jack Strelesky lived in Sheridan, Wyoming, he ran a taxidermy shop.  On April 6, 1917, fire damaged the shop.  An article discussing the fire ran in the Wyoming State Tribune-Cheyenne State Leader on April 6, 1917.

John J. Strelesky's taxidermy shop damaged by fire

Transcription of article:

Taxidermist’s Shop Damaged By Fire

Sheridan, Wyo., April 6 – Damage to the extent of about a hundred dollars was caused by a fire which started in the loft of the building on East Fourth street, occupied by the taxidermy shop of J.J. Strelesky last night. It was discovered shortly before 9 o’clock and an alarm turned in. The blaze was soon brought under control after the arrival of the department. The principal damage was done to rugs and hides stored in the loft. It is supposed that the fire originated from a spark from the chimney igniting a rug which had been cleaned with gasoline during the day.

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: