No matter how much I search, there are many obituaries that I cannot find. The names of the people I am looking for are in bold. If you have these obituaries, please email me. Many thanks!
Davis Obituaries Needed
- Jacob Davis III, husband of Jane Moyle, and son of Jacob II and Jane/Jenifer (Blewett) Davis (or Davies), (Jan 31, 1829 – Mar 10, 1884). He was born in Cornwall, England, and I think he died in Council Hill, Illinois.
- Jane/Jenifer (Blewett) Davis, wife of Jacob II Davis (or Davies), (Jan 24, 1799 – Mar 8, 1884). She was born in Cornwall, England, and I believe she died in Council Hill, Illinois.
Lightcap Obituaries Needed
- Angeline “Anna” Lightcap, wife of George Lawrence. Anna was born 01 Jun 1825 in New Jersey, grew up in Seneca County, Ohio, and died 25 Jan 1891 in De Kalb County, Indiana. Her husband George was born 21 Dec 1817 in Pennsylvania and died 23 Dec 1893. Both are buried in Auburn, Indiana. They had three children: Sarah, Holly and Don. Sarah is buried with her parents; I have no information on the other children.
- Augustus Lightcap and his wife Mary Jane Young. Both were born in New Jersey. Augustus’ headstone engraved with 1831-1904 and Mary Jane’s 1834-1895; they are buried in Aurora, Illinois. They were married 08 Nov 1849 in New Jersey. They had five children: William, Lewis, Cora, Edward, and Frances.
- Godfrey C. Lightcap and wives, Margaret Hulsizer and Mary Delilah Creveling. Godfrey was born about 1813 in New Jersey and died 20 Jan 1888 in Franklin, New Jersey. Burial location unknown. His first wife, Margaret, was born 03 Sep 1809 and died 12 May 1848. She’s buried in Greenwich, New Jersey. They had a daughter, Mary, who died at 16 months. His second wife, Mary Delilah, was born 28 Aug 1819 in new Jersey and died 30 Jun 1873 in Asbury, New Jersey. They had two children: Maggie and Martha.
- Henrietta (Doose) Lightcap, wife of Ernest Edward Lightcap, daughter of John and Anna Margaret (Westphalen) Doose, (March 19, 1873/8 – 18 Sept 1917). She was born in Evanston, Illinois, and died in Corson County, South Dakota. I believe she’s buried in Isabel, South Dakota, but do not know the cemetery. She had two boys: Paul and Albert.
- Holoway Lightcap and his wife, Ellen Miriam Westgate. Holloway is a Civil War veteran who was born 03 Oct 1826 in Milford, New Jersey. He died on 18 Apr 1912 in Oak Park, Illinois. Ellen was born Jun 1830 in Ohio and died 20 Jun 1905 in Chicago. Both are buried in Laurel Hill Cemetery in Havana, Illinois. They had two children, Gertrude Estelle and Charles Burt.
- Levi Lightcap and his wife Mary Smith, North Judson, Starke County, Indiana. Levi was born 19 Jun 1822 in New Jersey and died 09 Dec 1870. He is buried in North Judson, Indiana. Mary Smith, daughter of Christian and Rebecca (Firestone) Smith, was born about 1820 in Ohio and died about 1882. I’m not sure where she’s buried. Probably Pioneer Cemetery, but the cemetery records do not provide information and headstones are unreadable. They had four children: Walter, George, Frances, and Henry.
- Robert Lightcap and his wife Lucretia Halsey. Robert was born abt 1817-1820, and died 19 Jan 1848 in Ohio. Burial location is unknown. Lucretia (Lauretta is also a possibility) was born about 1818 in Pennsylvania. Death and burial location is unknown. Lucretia also married Henry Beck and John King. Robert and Lucretia had two boys: James Sanford and Albert H, both Civil War veterans. James is buried in Auburn, Illinois, and Albert is buried in Jackson, Michigan.
- William Lightcap and his wife Elizabeth Border. William was a Civil War veteran who was born about 1812 in New Jersey. He died 10 Oct 1872 and is buried in Pioneer Cemetery, North Judson, Indiana. Elizabeth was born abt 1808 in Maryland,and died of consumption in 1872 in Eden Twp, Seneca, Ohio. Burial location unknown. They had two known children: William J, born 23 Dec 1837 in Pennsylvania and died 26 Apr 1925 in Valparaiso, Indiana; Rebecca was born 23 Feb 1839 and died 04 Jul 1844 in Eden, Seneca County, Ohio. Rebecca is buried in Melmore, Seneca, Ohio.
Miscellaneous Obituaries Needed
- Bertha (Schafer) Hebenstreit, wife of Vitus Hebenstreit, and daughter of Jacob Schafer and Susanne Schilling, (Mar 8, 1831 – May 27, 1908). She’s buried in St. Matthew’s Cemetery, Shullsburg, Wisconsin.