In 1977, Willis J. Deininger wrote to his niece and my grandmother, Marian (Bohnsack) Davis, about their family. It’s funny, because I worked a long time to figure out Willis’ mom’s siblings. After I invested a lot of time and effort into the research, I found this note in one of my mom’s binders. It would have been much more helpful to have found this before I spent all that time.
Willis’ note states “This is all I can find in her [Louisa (Muegge) Deininger’s] old bible, there is nothing about her parents or dads parents names. Sorry I can’t help you more. Willis & all”.
Here’s Willis information:
Willis’ parents: William Deininger, born May 22, 1860; Louisa Muegge, born June 25, 1866.
- Barbara – married Charles Menzemer
- Amelia – married August Geselbracht
- Mary – married Gotleib Weik
- Julius Muegge
- Mary – married Paul Reschkowsky
- Amelia – married John Ulreich
- Bertha – married William Studier
- Rose – married John Jowaski
- Minnie – married Leo Bohnsack
- Clara – married Rex Lyles
- Amanda – married John Jowaski and Ted Wagner
- Pauline – married Cliff Dunstan
- John – married Vivian Brush and Beulah Brush
- Willis – married Alma Bardell