George Bausman was a younger brother of Nicholas Bausman Jr, my maternal grandfather’s grandfather.
George was the sixth of ten children born to Nicholas Sr. and Mary (Casper) Bausman. Most of what I know about him comes from official records.
George was born 05 September 1857 in Guilford Township, Jo Daviess county, Illinois. He married Rachel B. Miller on 21 February 1883 in Jo Daviess County, Illinois. I have been unable to identify Rachel’s parents.
They raised their family in Warren, Jo Daviess County, Illinois. He and Rachel raised five children:
- Nicholas John Bausman (1883 – 1951)
- George John Charles Bausman (1885 – 1956)
- John Lawrence Bausman (1888 – 1954)
- Lulu Mae Irene (Bausman) Pansing (1897 – 1990)
- Iva Lena (Bausman) Leverton (1901 – 1958)
George was a life-long farmer, who died 26 December 1922 in Warren, Jo Daviess County, Illinois. Interment made at Elmwood Cemetery in Warren. Rachel died 17 March 1950; she is also buried at Elmwood Cemetery.