Ancestor records of Albert Wallace “Wally” Lightcap, my paternal grandfather, are found here including family histories and descendant reports, cemetery photos, biographies, marriage records, newspaper articles, and obituaries.
My grandfather was born on September 15, 1914, in McIntosh, Corson Co, South Dakota, to Ernest and Henrietta (Doose) Lightcap. He married my grandmother, Eunice Strelesky, on March 17, 1936, in Freeport, Stephenson Co, Illinois. They had seven boys. My grandfather died November 13, 1975, in Dubuque, Dubuque Co, Iowa.
I’m always looking for obituaries, photos, records, so if you have something of interest, please share! I don’t have everything on this blog. A lot of my information is on Ancestry (see Lightcap-Davis Family Tree). Family pictures and additional cemetery photos are on Flickr. I’ve put lineage information on WeRelate.
Family History and Genealogy Records
- Albert and Harry Lightcap, from Pictorial and Biographical Record of La Porte, Porter, Lake and Starke Counties, Indiana (1894), p.407
- George Lightcap, from Pictorial and Biographical Record of La Porte, Porter, Lake and Starke Counties, Indiana (1894), p.443-445
- Holoway W. Lightcap, from History of the 85th Illinois Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry (1901), p. 111
- Walter Lightcap, from A Standard History of Starke County Indiana (1915), p.593-594
- Firestone Cemetery, Kosciusko County, Indiana
- Linwood Cemetery, Dubuque, Dubuque, Iowa
- Mount Calvary, Dubuque, Dubuque, Iowa
- Pioneer Cemetery, North Judson, Starke, Indiana
- Isaac Halsey purchases 80 acres (Dist of Delaware, OH, 01 Apr 1822)
- Isaac Halsey purchases 240 acres (Williams Co, OH, 10 Sep 1844)
- Nathaniel Lynch deed to John Lightcap (Seneca Co, OH, 13 Jun 1835)
- Christian Smith, for War of 1812 service (Starke Co, IN, 01 Oct 1851)
Family Charts, Histories and Descendant Reports
- Daniel Firestone, Revolutionary War. (DAR ancestor # A208114) Substitute for Adam Krill guarding British prisoners in 1781. Served Capt. Andrew Ream, 3rd & 6th Battalion in Lancaster Co, Pennsylvania, 1782-1783.
- Christian Smith, War of 1812. Drafted into Captain Jacob Catterlin’s 2nd Regiment Ohio militia. Served from 1 Sept 1813 until 1 Mar 1814.
- Albert H. and Lucy (Waggoner) Lightcap, 50th Wedding Anniversary (Flint Daily Journal, 16 Aug 1916)
- John Sherman Lightcap, suicide (Logansport Press, 09 Dec 1939)
- Levi Lightcap, accidentally shot and killed (Wisconsin State Journal, 13 Dec 1870)
- Levi Lightcap, “Accidentally Killed” (Kokomo Tribune, 22 Dec 1872)
- Albert Wallace Lightcap and Eunice Strelesky (The Telegraph Herald (Dubuque, IA), 14 Apr 1936)
- Holoway W. Lightcap and Ellen Miriam Westgate (Seneca Advertiser, 10 Aug 1849)
- Daniel Firestone, written 30 Dec 1822; probated 24 Mar 1823. (Miami Twp, Logan Co, OH)