Ancestor records of Marian (Bohnsack) Davis, my maternal grandmother, are listed including biographies, descendant reports, and obituaries. Click on the family tree and a more legible image will open.
My grandmother was born on April 24, 1921, in Schapville, Jo Daviess County, Illinois, to Leo and Minnie (Deininger) Bohnsack. In 1941, she married my grandfather Stanley Davis, a widower with two small children. Together, they had two girls. She died on October 13, 2011, at the Galena-Stauss Senior Care Community, in Galena, Illinois.
I’m always looking for obituaries, photos, records, so if you have something of interest, please share! I don’t have everything on this blog. A lot of my information is on Ancestry (see Lightcap-Davis Tree). I have family pictures and cemetery photos on Flickr. I’ve put lineage information on WeRelate.
Family History and Genealogy Records
- John Deininger, 1855-1928, from Portraits and Biographical Album for Jo Daviess and Carroll Counties, IL (1889), p. 626-627.
- William Deininger Sr, 1822-1891, from Portraits and Biographical Album for Jo Daviess and Carroll Counties, IL (1889), p. 443-444.
- Rev. Herman Emil Studier, 1859-1947, The Story of My Life. Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Full PDF
- Johann J. H. and Henrietta (Koch) Bohnsack Descendants (as of Dec 2011)
- Andreas “Anton” and Eva Barbara (Schick) Deininger Descendants (as of Dec 2011)
- Johann Jacob Dietrich and Catherine Maria Magdalena (Bohnhoff) Wulff Descendants (as of Dec 2011)
Family Group Sheets
- Henry John Miller and Lavina Johanna Karberg (received from Tom Townsend)
- Willis Deininger letter with genealogy info (August 1977)
- Rev. Hermann Emil Studier letter to Dorothea (Bohnsack) Studier (28 October 1939)
- Herbert Deininger Dies, Shot (Galena Daily Gazette, 14 November 1911)
- Mabel (Bohnsack) Hammer Dies, Car Accident (Rockford Morning Star, 15 June 1962)
Obituaries and Burial Locations
- Marian Bohnsack and Stanley Davis (Freeport Journal-Standard, 08 August 1941)
- Marian Bohnsack and Stanley Davis (citation unknown, 1941)
2 Comments Add yours
I have some pictures of William and Louisa Deininger if you are interested in receiving by email. William would be brothers with my great-great grandfather John Deininger.
I would LOVE pictures of William and Louisa. Thank you! If you have a picture of John or any of the other siblings, I would love that too. It’s so interesting seeing what everyone looked like. My email is email@example.com.
I’ve actually been researching John and his first wife, Rosa Berger. I know that John died in 1928 and Rosa in the fall of 1884. However, I have not been able to discover the exact date of their deaths. Do you have that information?
Also, do you know if Rosa died in childbirth? Her daughter Bertha was born in 1884 (I don’t know the date) and wondered if there was a correlation.