Ancestor records of Eunice Irene (Strelesky) Lightcap, my paternal grandmother, are listed including descendant reports, marriage records, newspaper articles and obituaries. Click on a family tree and a more legible image will open.
My grandmother was born on December 22, 1915, in Sheridan, Sheridan County, Wyoming, to Jack and Ernestine (Sanders) Strelesky. She married my grandfather, Albert “Wally” Lightcap, on March 17, 1936, in Freeport, Illinois. They had seven boys. She died November 15, 1998, in Dubuque, Iowa.
I’m always looking for obituaries, photos, records, so if you have something of interest, please share! I don’t have everything on this blog. A lot of my information is on Ancestry (see Lightcap-Davis Tree). I have family pictures and cemetery photos on Flickr. I’ve put lineage information on WeRelate.
Family History and Genealogy Records
- Linwood Cemetery, Dubuque, Dubuque Co, Iowa
- Mount Calvary, Dubuque, Dubuque Co, Iowa
Family Charts, Worksheets and Descendant Reports
- A.F.E. and Catherine (Fuch) Sanders Descendants (as of Sep 2011)
- Frank and Fannie (Hainey) Strelesky Descendants
- Frank and Fannie (Hainey) Strelesky Family Chart (as of Apr 2012)
- Frank and Fannie (Hainey) Strelesky Worksheet (as of Apr 2012)
- James A. Moore and Amelia Strelesky (21 May 1907, Superior, WI)
- John J. Strelesky and Ernestine Sanders (19 Sep 1906, Dubuque, IA)
- Francis J. Uhlrich and Theresa Heid (25 Nov 1858, Rock Island, IL)
- Joseph C. Weber and Rose Strelesky (22 Sep 1893, Chicago, IL)
- John Joseph Strelesky, Edes Robe Tanning Co. locates at South Omaha (Omaha World Herald, 05 Dec 1909)
- John Joseph Strelesky, Taxidermy Shop Damaged by Fire (Wyoming State Tribune- Cheyenne State Leader, 06 Apr 1917)
- Marie Strelesky Surprise Party (Telegraph Herald, 18 Feb 1906)
Obituaries and Burial Locations
- Albert Wallace Lightcap and Eunice Strelesky (The Telegraph Herald (Dubuque, IA), 14 Apr 1936)
4 Comments Add yours
You are never going to guess who I spent time with this past weekend…carol Strelesky – Herbert’s only daughter!! She is wonderful and has many original photos – some of which I have never seen before. She lives in Arvada, Co. 🙂
Hope you are well,
Hi Mary –
What fun! I bet you had an enjoyable trip. I have some pictures of her and her children that were in Marjorie Strelesky’s photo album.
Did you, by any chance, visit Herb’s grave? I’ve been trying to figure out where he and his sister, Alice, are buried. Haven’t been able to find any obituaries.
We should talk….
Hi. I am so much enjoying your site. I can maybe fill in just a bit from the Frank Sanders (my grandfather) line of the family. In addition to the 4 children listed for Frank and Irene, they had two more children Patricia Sanders Rossman and James Sanders. You didn’t list a last name, but Frank’s wife Irene is a Duccini- and I’m pretty sure the sister of Alvin’s wife Genevieve Duccini.
I’m so glad you’re enjoying the website, and thank you for the information.
I don’t really know much about your grandfather, save for what I read in Marjorie Strelesky’s journal. Marjorie was my paternal grandmother’s sister. After my great-grandmother, Ernestine (Sanders) Strelesky – sister to your grandfather – died, the Sanders stepped up and raised my grandmother and Marjorie. My great-grandfather, Jack Strelesky, never recovered from this loss, and wasn’t able to raise his youngest children.
I would be interested in learning more about your grandfather. I can be reached at email@example.com.